we are looking forward to welcome you in our house. Please find below the information for the available parking spots.
Please drive to parking lot 1 (P 1) in front of the hotel entrance, if there is nothing available please park in the parking garage (P 2) at the backside of the Hotel - entrance from the building next to it (open with the roomkey the garage door).Be carefull with the narrow entrance!
If there are no parking spaces free you can drive to the „Altstadtgarage“ (5 walking minutes distance). You take the parking ticket at the entrance and will get an exit ticket at our reception desk. There are also short parking area around the hotel, where you can park from 6:00 pm to 8 am for free.
the Hotel Gisela Team
- Roadbike, Mountainbike (Innradweg, Bike Trail)
- Hiking (Kaisertal Bus in front of the Hotel)
- Sight seeing
- Festung Kufstein
- Old city center Kufstein
- Swimming (Swimming pool 10 walking minutes, Bus to the lakes in front of the Hotel)
- Horse Riding, Horse drawn carriage tours Kufstein, Ebbs, Thiersee
- Skiing, snowboarding (Ski Bus directely in front of the Hotel) – Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixenta
- Winter Hiking Kaisertal, Aschenbrenner Kufstein, Thiersee, Stimmersee Langkampfen
- Christmas Market (Festung, Stadtpark, Fischergries), Innsbruck
- Ice Skating Hechtsee, Thiersee, Arena (Hall)
- Tobboganning Aschenbrenner Kufstein, Tobbogan run Söll
Innsbruck – a journey of exploration:
Take a cultural stroll through museums and art galleries, explore the city’s delightful shops.
Discover the impressive Old Town with its famous Golden Roof, Baroque churches and contemporary architecture.
Enjoy the city’s events, from culture to sport to traditional customs . Innsbruck is not even 35 min trainride away from Kufstein.
Salzburg - Mozarts city of birth:
Visit Mozarts birthplace Dreaming spires, green hills and romantic gardens - the city′s attractions are loved by millions of visitors from all over the World hungry for Salzburg sightseeing. With a tourist-per-capita ratio higher than Venice or Florence, the city is among the busiest places of Europe all year round. (1 h with the train).
München – bavarian metropolis:
The World know Oktoberfest is a unique experience, the capital of bavaria is famous for his tradition, museum, music, art and history. (1 h with the train)
Swarovski cristal worlds:
A water-spouting Giant that magically lures visitors into its interior, where Chambers of Wonder ignite beacons of imagination, has managed to become a globally-recognised work of art, while attracting more than 10 million visitors to date.
Originally devised as a gift to employees, collectors, customers and partners in honour of the 100th anniversary of the founding of Swarovski in 1995, Swarovski Crystal Worlds, conceived by André Heller, have become a place where people from different backgrounds take pleasure in their astonishment that is as multi-faceted, spontaneous and unadulterated as crystal itself.
An art with tradition and history. For 4000 years nothing has changed in the composition and production of glass. Quartz. Lime. Alkalis. A temperature of 1,000 degrees Celsius. And "only" 2000 years have passed since a blowing iron was used for the first time in ancient Rome, and the first glass was blown into shape. At the Riedel Glas factory in Kufstein glass blowers still use the ancient mouth-blowing method with great care and precision. Mouth blown. A variety of glasses to suit the individual character of the wine or to underline its flavour.
At the world-famous company Riedel Glas you can look over the shoulder of glassmakers and dive into the world of glass art in the interactive museum. "SINNfonie", the multimedia show by Riedel Glas, invites you to take a journey through the world of glass and the senses. Friends and enjoyment. Experience with all the senses. An adventure of sensory perception. In the display glassworks you can watch the manufacture of the world-famous glasses and decanters up close. The 300 square meter shop displays the fascinating variety of glasses.
Old town Kufstein
Not only the fortress but also many other historical buildings and monuments dominate the town.
The old town is just a 2 min walk away from the Hotel Gisela
- The Sparkasse building at the Oberer Stadtplatz (upper town square) reminds of the bourgeoisie in the 19th century.
- Right across there is the so-called Egger building, dominated by Art Nouveau with its renowned mirror hall.
- At the Madersperger monument in the Kienberg street you meet history made of stone.
- The Spindler monument was built in memory of the Kufstein citizen who last won over the turks in Kalafat. On the heroe's hill you will find a huge Bronze statue of Andreas Hofer, he was a Tyrolean hero and rebel.
- The German national economist Friedrich List has been immortalized in perfect marble.
- The castle ruin Thierberg has a war history. Around 1285 it was mentioned as castle owned by the Freundsberger. Around 1580 the castle's chapel became a place of pilgrimage.
1205 it was at first mentioned as castrum Kufstein. The panorama lift „Kaiser Maximilian“ takes you directly from the town centre up to the fortress.
To reach the fortress area is a 5 min walk from our Hotel Gisela
The newly renovated museum of the fortress and the museum of local history, an interactive installation , gives an insight into the history of Kufstein and its surroundings. The „Tanzkunst in Bronze“ is a permanent exhibition - of the renowned sculptress Meta Metting von Ellenberger.
The „Heldenorgel“ (organ) is with its 4.307 pipes and with 46 register the largest open-air organ in the world. Since 1931 the organ has been situated in the „Bürgerturm“ of the fortress, the console is located 80 m lower in the „Festungsneuhof“. Daily at 12.00 noon the sound of the „Heldenorgel“ is to be heard all over the town.
Wilder & Zahmer Kaiser (mountain area)
Kufstein Kaiser chair lift takes hikers and nature lovers right to the Brentenjoch at 1204m in complete comfort - the starting point for superb adventures in the mountain. The view to the Kaiser mountain range is stunning, there are numerous easy hikes on offer at the base.
daily from May 1st to October 31st from 09.00 am to 04.00 Uhr pm (without lunch break).
The holiday region Kufstein presents itself as a first class family friendly walking region. Past small rivers and wonderful mountainlakes, over rich meadows and through green woods nature can be discovered with all five senses. The choice is huge - from the cosy or adventurous walking-tour, where a day passes in a blink to an ambre peak and climbing tour. Around a fascinating mountain scenery, you find paths and small footbridges for everyones taste.
The Hechtsee is said to be the most favorite lake of the inhabitants of Kufstein. Enjoy the fantasticly beautiful mountain scenery. From the sun terrace of the restaurant by the lake one experiences the panorama in its full magnificence. In the lido one can not only swim but also go fishing and boating or let the time pass in a jolly way while playing table tennis and water volleyball. Further for the little ones the lido offers a playground.
In this region there are a couple of lakes. Hechtsee is the bigest one, and it is easy to reach the next lake "Längsee" (20 min walk) this lake lays in a beautiful natur scenery. The next lake is Pfrillsee. It`s a very nice not to difficult walk. Also between this lakes lays the old ruins names "Thierberg", which has a nice tower and a little church overviewing Kufstein and surrounding villages.
The hotel also has a car park, as well as a ski and bicycle storage room.
We are closed from 30.10.2017 until 30.11.2017
Opening hours from 7:00 – 11:00 and from 14:00 -20:00 (after 20:00 key safe).
The Hotel is directely opposite the train station Kufstein, just 5 walking minutes to the ski bus station.
If you need ski passes for the Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental please send us an inquiry.
Additionally rate informations:
- Children up to 2 years free.
- Discount per child/night 3 - 5 years | € 9,00
- Discount per child/night 6 - 11 years | € 2,00
- Discount per child/night 12 - 15 years | € 0,00
- Extra bed per night | € 23,00
- Baby bed per night | € 8,00
- Double room for single occupation per night | € 78,00
- Pet large per night | € 8,00
- Pet small per night | € 5,00
- Accomodatin only, no breakfast | € 3,00
- Half board per day (partner restaurant) | € 10,50
Terms and conditions:
- Check-out: until 10:30 am.
- Check-in: from 2 pm.
- Breakfast: from 7.00 to 10.00 am.
- Deposit: 20 % or your credit card details.
- Payment: We accept cash payment, credit or debit card or prepayment through BACS or transfer.
- 8 days prior to arrival - no extra cost.
- 7 days before arrival we will charge you one night.
- for non arrivals we will keep the deposit.
- For bookings with arrival date 24th December until 06th January the following cancellation terms are valid:
- 31 days prior to arrival - no extra cost.
- 30 days before arrival we will charge you one night.
- For non arrivals we will keep the deposit.
- Pets: Pets are only allowed with prior booking and cost €8,00 per night, no food.
- Free Extras:
- Children up to 2 years old go free.
- free Wi-fi in all rooms.
- Free heated bike, ski and sports equipment storage room.
- Free bus to Lake Hechtsee and Austria's largest skiing arena, Ski-Welt.
In our Hotel there is an art/culture & theater stage. For event dates please check the website „Arche Noe“.
You will get tickets at our reception desk.
In Kufstein and surrounding you can experience many cultural and sporting events:
24.11.2017 - 23.12.2017 | CHRISTMAS MARKET STADTPARK KUFSTEIN
25.11.2017 - 17.12.2017 | CHRISTMAS MARKET FORTRESS KUFSTEIN
05.12.2017 | SANTA CLAUS CITY CENTER KUFSTEIN
14.01.2018 - 21.01.2018 | HAHNENKAMM RACE KITZBÜHEL
18.05.2018 - 21.05.2018 | FESTIVAL OF THE KNIGHTS FORTRESS KUFSTEIN
08.06.2018 - 10.06.2018 | KUFSTEIN UNLIMITED FESTIVAL
30.06.2018 | KAISERFEST KUFSTEIN
13.07.2018 - 23.07.2018 | BAMBINI TENNIS CUP KUFSTEIN
03.08.2018 - 18.08.2018 | OPERETTENSOMMER FORTRESS KUFSTEIN
23.08.2018 - 26.08.2018 | BLUMENCORSO EBBS
22.09.2018 | CATTLE DRIVE KUFSTEIN
22.09.2018 - 30.09.2108 | UCI 2018 ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS BIKE CUP INNSBRUCK-KUFSTEIN
You can find many other events on www.kufstein.com.
Our hotel has a lift and certain wheelchair accessible rooms.
Please let us know when booking, so we can reserve a suitable room for you.
The main entrance as well as the access to the breakfast room are also barrier-free.
Our hotel team is also happy to help you at any time.
the Hotel Gisela Team